The role will be a hands-on role operating machinery on the site, managing feedstock (organic waste) throughput throughout the process, alongside assisting in plant maintenance, general upkeep and repairs. Promoting good working practices and positive relations between staff, the local community and external regulatory bodies.
Salary – £12 – £15.50 (Dependent on experience levels)
Shift Pattern – 4 On 4 Off – 12 Hour Days
- Routine monitoring of plant operation , ensuring any required adjustments are completed efficiently and to the correct standard.
- Collation of plant data and inspection records as required (to allow for plant optimisation) , this includes the completion of daily KPI figures and feeding records.
- Troubleshoot plant issues working alongside lead operative , follow up with actions to resolve/improve these issues.
- Carrying out operational procedures to ensure that the plant is in a fit and correct state for return to service following maintenance.
- Adhere to safe operational working procedures, to perform duties in a safe manner, preventing incident accident or environmental incident.
- To work within your proposed shift pattern including on call requirements. Changes to working patterns may be necessary, in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Report all Near Misses, Incidents, Safety and Environmental concerns to Plant Manager
- Maintain housekeeping standards throughout the facility.
- Drive and operate a range of mobile plant including TM, , telehandler and loading shovel.
- Ensure that all tools, mobile plant and equipment checks are carried out on a daily basis and maintained in a proper working condition. Any discovered defects are to be reported to the Plant Manager.
- Control the pre-treatment and feeding of agricultural biomass to ensure required treatment efficiencies. Communicating with management regarding stock levels and any occurring problems.
- Monitoring plant SCADA control systems , to ensure plant operates efficiently and to its full potential.
- Carry out sample analysis/testing to monitor and ensure the plant is operated within the agreed parameters.
- Site Deliveries
- Technology suppliers
- Internal delivery drivers/operatives
- Administration Team
- Management Team
- Operations Team
- Recognised license for mobile plant
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Anaerobic Digestion. This will include a good level of practical Operational/Maintenance experience/knowledge
- A good understanding of all HSE aspects is a fundamental requirement, IOSH managing safely is preferable
- Computer literate with a working understanding of Microsoft Office
- Good numerical, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Hard working with the ability to work under own initiative and out-of-hours
- Practically minded
- Ability to interpret process data to maximise output and solve process issues
- Familiar with exposure data entry and reporting database applications
- Forklift truck driving license or front loader license desirable, however training will be provided if this is not held
- Background in the waste, recycling or construction industry preferred but not essential
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Able to work well under pressure to exacting standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to follow instruction
- Knowledge and understanding of HSE regulations